Morpheus Aquatic Fit – Individual and group aquatic fitness
Have you tried numerous ways to eliminate your pain when exercising and nothing has worked? It’s time to start enjoying your life pain free! Living with chronic pain can rob you of the life you want to live, causing you to feel hopeless. Experiencing muscle weakness and a lack of mobility can make your daily life stressful. You may also notice the challenge in walking for extended periods of time or even experience falls and other injuries associated with lack of mobility. Our aquatic fitness programs break free from traditional rehabilitation settings to offer gentle and effective exercise in the water. You do not have to be a swimmer to participate in our aquatic fitness programs.
Aquatic fitness had many advantages to traditional “land” based fitness for people in all phases of recovery. The scope of conditions that benefit from aquatic therapy is vast, encompassing everything from pre-surgical to post-surgical, orthopedic, arthritic, neurological, cardiovascular, and chronic pain. The therapeutic properties of the water combined with the skill specialized training of Morpheus wellness coaches Will help you to improve your mobility and function.
Our aquatic fitness program is led by experienced wellness coaches with skilled physical and occupational therapy backgrounds. Morpheus wellness provides individual aquatic fitness coaching for specific medical conditions in the comfort of your home pool or in an independent living or assisted living setting. Our individual classes can be used in conjunction with a land-based therapy or by itself as a primary fitness program. Our individual aquatic fitness programs are held for an hour and our coaches can assist with getting into and out of the pool safely in addition to the aquatic treatment. Our group classes focus on general fitness and can be held for 30- or 45-minute classes 1-2 times a week. People participating in our group classes must be independent to enter and exit the pool.
When you participate in aquatic fitness with Morpheus Wellness you can expect the following benefits:
- Decreased pain – immersion in warm water increases blood supply to sore muscles and promotes relaxation. The buoyancy of the water also helps to relax sore and tight muscles.
- Decreased spasms – the warm water along with our hands on techniques are effective in reducing abnormal tone, spasticity, and rigidity associated with neurological conditions.
- Reduced swelling – the hydrostatic pressure of the water helps to enhance circulation to reduce limb swelling.
- Increased range of motion – the buoyancy of the water reduces the effects of gravity allowing for increased joint range of motion. Your affected body part will float, making it easier and less painful to move.
- Increased strength – water is 600-700 times more resistant that air which allows for strengthening of weakened muscles. Rapid movement in the water is used to increase strength in the pool.
- Improved endurance
- Improved postural control and alignment – the uniform pressure of the water along with buoyancy provides support to your body which allowed you to have increased time to react to changes in movement without falling or getting hurt.
- Maximized independence with activities of daily living, transfers, and walking